Sunday 10 November 2013

Pineapple Salsa

You know how some days you just don't feel like cooking. Well today was one of those days for me. The two older boys were with their dad, and the farmer had some leftovers that he was content to eat. So I was free to make myself whatever I wanted, trust me, it doesn't happen often. By the time that I remembered to take a picture, it was half gone :)

We got some pineapple for a good price this week and I had one that I needed to use up. In our family, it is cut up and eaten raw, and that is about it, except for me. I love pineapple any way I can get it. So imagine my delight when I had this opportunity to make one of my favourites.

If you have read anything about how I cook you will know that I don't follow a recipe. To me they are more of a guide than a road-map.

For the sake of making it easier to read I will try and put it in a recipe format.

Pineapple Salsa

2 cups pineapple
1/2 cup red onion
3 TBSP diced jalapeno
Cilantro - fresh or dried
Splash of lime juice


1. Dice the pineapple, red onion, and jalapeno.
2. Add cilantro to taste. I used about 2 TBSP dried.
3. Pour lime juice over.
4. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, longer is better. This will allow the flavours to blend and mingle.

No comments:

Post a Comment